We do one-on-one in car training and not 3, or 2-on-1.
- Ministry of Transport limits driving instruction to 2-on-1. A driving school offering 3-on-1 in-car service is working outside of their license.
- 10 hours in the car means you have 10 hours behind the wheel – not 30 hours in the car with 20 of them waiting for your turn. Your time is valuable.
- No embarrassment from making mistakes in front of your peers as you are trying to learn
- Fewer distractions from others in the car thus fewer chances for a collision while learning
$888 taxes included. ($785.84 + HST)
The full course is the Ministry of Transport approved Beginners Cooperative Defensive driving course. This course involves a 20 hours in-class, 35 simulation scenerios, and a minimum of 10 hours in the vehicle. Occasionally additional in-car lessons may be required at an additional charge.
In Class - (Attitude)
With the use of videos, slides, power point presentations, white board diagrams, numerous questions, high interaction with the students, class activities, numerous props and reviews, students are attentive and learn way more than they expected.
- Law, Signs, Signals, Pavement markings
- Knowing your vehicle (It's more than just a cool car)
- Why your vehicle will skid (Almost all skids are caused by the driver.)
- Motives, Attitude, Behaviour, Teamwork
- Anticipating verses reacting
- How to deal and not deal with a tailgater. (Why it's wrong to tap your brakes)
- Impaired driving. (It's way more than just drinking and driving)
35 Virtual Reality Simulator Scenerios- (Attention)
With our Virtual Reality Kinaesthetically Correct Simulator, students learn how to find and handle dangerous situations in a safe environment. They improve their ability to anticipate rather than react.
- Handling the steering wheel, gas and brakes
- Being aware of traffic all around you – not just in front.
- Checking all around before moving
- Watching your mirrors
- Passing, others passing in front of you
- Pedestrians and traffic not stopping for their red light
- Handling emergency situations, collision avoidance
- Lane changes
- Winding roads
- Slippery roads
1-on-1 In-Car – (Techniques)
In-car lessons are done in 5 modules of 2 hours each. Occasionally, if a student is not doing well additional lessons will be required.
- 3-point turns
- Parking, Forward in, Backing in, Hill, and of course Parallel Park
- Railroad tracks
- Lane changes
- Downtown and one way streets,
You can have in-car only lessons if you wish
For your convenience, we also offer the following services for an additional fee each.
In Car Only
Would you like a refresher session in the car or just some extra time to go over the basics? We are glad to provide extra one-on-one in-car sessions for you.
Extra Mile Express
This is used in conjunction with the full course.
You may have a need or wish to book all 10 hours of your In-car lessons with one request.
- Allows you to finish the In-car portion in a predetermined time
- Allows you to schedule yourself and control the pace that you want to learn
Use of an EXTRA MILE vehicle for
Ministry of Transport testing
We offer the EXTRA MILE vehicle that you have used to learn in, for the Ministry of Transport road tests. The advantages are:
- Pick up at a place of your convenience
- Pick up at least 1 hour before the test
- Use of the vehicle on the test
- Standing by as you get your upgraded license. (If you pass)
- Chauffeured back to the place of your convenience
We've taken students to Arnprior, Westport, Renfrew, Walkley, Canotek Road, Winchester, Kemptville, Carleton Place, Smith Falls and Hawksbury test sites. Ideally, the point of pickup should be within a 30-minute drive to the test site to get the best benefit of this service. Road Test Examiners like using Driving School cars as Driving School cars have a second brake available